World Artistic Gymnastics Championship 2017 will be held near the hotel
In October 2017, the World Artistic Gymnastics Championship will be held in Montreal, just a few minutes away from the Royal Versailles Hotel!
It is a unique opportunity to admire the prowess of high caliber gymnasts right here in the province of Quebec.
The athletes’ performances will combine flexibility, agility, courage, perseverance, elegance, control and precision. Come and admire the many pirouettes with your family and enjoy a luxurious room at the Royal Versailles hotel for easy access.
World Artistic Gymnastics Championship at the Olympic Stadium
The championship takes place over a week, from October 2 to 8 of 2017.
500 gymnasts from 80 countries will compete for the 12 world championship titles.
The Gymnastics Championship will be held in the Montreal Olympic Stadium, which will accommodate up to 10,000 spectators per day.
The event is organized by the world’s oldest international sports federation, the IFG (International Gymnastics Federation). In addition to the 50,000 people expected at the Olympic Stadium over the week, approximately 660 million viewers from around the world will watch the competitions on television.
Nadia Comaneci, the athlete who conquered the hearts of Montrealers at the 1976 Olympics when she was only 14 years old, is acting as spokesperson and will be attending the opening ceremony.
Come and spend a few days in Montreal to attend this world-class event. Book your room now.
Ticket prices range from $ 13.50 to $ 83.50 per day including taxes and service charges depending on the competitions held that day. Several packages are also available to attend the qualifications, finals or activities of the entire week.
In addition, groups of 10 or more can register together and receive a discount.
Tickets are already available online, by phone or directly at the Olympic Stadium!
Championship program and disciplines
Qualifications will take place from Monday to Wednesday. Then, Individual All-Around competitions will be held on Thursday and Friday. Finally, the Apparatus finals will take place on Saturday and Sunday, followed by the closing ceremony.
The complete competition schedule is available online on FIG’s website.
The championship comprises many different disciplines. Some of the competition program is entirely destined for women athlete, while another part of it is for men.
Here’s a preview of the several disciplines that will be tackle by the gymnast competing.
• Vault: You can admire the grace of jumping and landing. This discipline can be admired in both men and women categories.
• Floor exercise: Floor exercise combines creativity, strength and flexibility accompanied by a musical piece. This discipline can be admired in both men and women categories.
• Beam: Women practicing gymnastics on the beam are always surprising, because the routines demand precision, balance and an impressive courage.
• Pommel horse: Men should combine great strength in the arms with ample movements in the legs alternating pendulum and scissors movements.
• Rings: The rings require a great control of the movements and a great force. Men will have to demonstrate their mastery of art and end with a dismount.
• Parallel bars, Uneven bars and Horizontal bar: Observe spinning and swings performed with elegance with a spectacular exit.
Join us in October and admire this demonstration of perseverance and courage.